I feel like ice-cream is one of those things that a lot of people could admit is their weakness. From milkshakes, to cones, sundaes, frozen yogurt, etc. You name it, we love it. Because of this, we have actually stopped buying it, because when I’m around ice-cream, I tend to lose my self control. And that’s why this is so beautiful…. it’s healthy ice-cream.
This is a recipe that has been all over Pinterest for awhile now, but I didn’t ever quite believe that it would live up to the reviews. If you are in that same spot, trust me, it does. It is a banana based ice-cream, so it does have a banana flavor to it, but the peanut butter and chocolate definitely had a more dominant flavor. Also, it is so simple to make, and way easier to scoop. Win win.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Ice-cream
- 3 bananas (frozen and chopped up)
- 1 TBS of peanut butter
- 1 tsp of cocoa powder
- A handful of chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- Literally throw everything into the blender, and voila, you have ice-cream.
- I did put mine in the freezer for about 20 minutes after blending to help it mold together a little better.
- The bananas are truly just the base for the ice-cream, you could easily add any number of ingredients to make whatever flavor you’re craving!
What are some of your favorite flavors? Let me know if you try something different!